2009-02-27

Week whatever, done

Knife draw x 60, Grand Total: 1680
Pushups 3-3
Situps 3-3
Kanji Review

I was sooooo tired today, and the kids didn't go to bed until much later than usual, but I somehow talked myself into doing my reps. Yet another case where I would have totally wimped out if I hadn't committed to this blog. I did, however, have to do my max set for pushups after doing my situps. After set number four of pushups, I was wiped out. Once I had the "rest" (if you can call 5 sets totalling 180 situps a rest), I cranked out a set of 37 pushups, which is amazing to me. Just a month ago I maxed out at 23, and I was sore for three days after. Today I did 92 pushups (over 4 sets) then came back after a 10 minute rest and did 37 straight.

I also did some Kanji review today. I've decided to try improving my Kanji knowledge the "Remembering the Kanji" way. It's kind of awesome, and I think that it will shore up one of my great weaknesses with Japanese - yeah, the Kanji. I only know somewhere around 200 of them, which is kind of embarrassing for someone who is married to a Japanese woman and was once stationed in Japan.

Also, since I'm without a secondary skill on Tues/Thurs, and since my current secondary skills (pushups and situps) are physical skills, I decided to give Hephaestus a little push. I told him that if he starts working on acquiring a new language, I would work on it with him. I was angling for Scottish Gaelic, but some other options include Armenian, Hindi, or Ethiopian (which one of his girlfriend's coworkers says is a "cross between Spanish and Alien"). Of this group, I'm leaning towards either Armenian (I used to work with a bunch of Armenians) or Hindi (hey, I live in Silicon Valley, so there's plenty of people to practice it with). The Spanish/Alien hybrid also sounds interesting, but I don't know how easy it will be to track down learning material for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment