2009-02-02

Again? Seriously?

Knife draw x 55, Grand Total: 830
Pushups, 1-1

Yep, you read that right. I decided to go back and redo the 100 pushups workout from the beginning. I wasn't happy with how poor my form was last week, and the fact that I was barely finishing the last set didn't sit too well with me either. I'll start the situps over from the beginning tomorrow, too.

It turned out that I was getting sick, which is a partial reason for my tiredness last week. In fact, I've still got a sore throat and a bit of a cough. It was mighty tempting to let that be an excuse to not do my reps today, but I figure if I didn't get back on it today, then I never would.

Today's knife work consisted of 10 regular draws, followed by 10 draw and jab, then 25 draw into pikal, nice and slow. The last 10 were draw into pikal and jab. The mechanics of the pikal jab are a little different than a regular edge-forward reverse grip. I find that I end up hammering it slightly downward more than straight out. If I concentrate on straightening it out, I end up flaring my elbow away from my body. Food for thought. I suppose I need to get a hold of Southnarc's DVD's and see how the pros do it.

Welcome back Fly. I hope you had an enjoyable vacation.

1 comment:

  1. It had its ups and downs, as usual. The plus side is that now that I'm back, I'm feeling both ambitious *and* ready to act on it, which was part of the purpose of taking a vacation in the first place.

    Glad that you started over - you'll obviously have the benefit of having done it last week, while still having the integrity required to make the effort and do it right. That's what this project is all about.

    ReplyDelete