2009-02-05

10%

Knife draw x 60, Grand Total: 1010
Situps, day 1-2

Repeat performance of yesterday's knife work. I cozied up to a wall and did my draws into pikal. I broke the whole thing down into small pieces, so today actually took a little more time than yesterday.

It's kind of funny to me - I want to do more exciting stuff, like draw and jab at a tennis ball, or sprawl and draw, or draw during a punching combination, but I have to slow myself down. Spending a few days just breaking it down to basics and refining the movements seems too slow. I have to remind myself that I've got the rest of the year to work on the exciting stuff. Doing a couple hundred reps of very basic slow-mo draws is not wasted time.

The astute reader (if there are any readers at all) will note that today I passed the 1000 rep mark. That's 10% done. At this pace, it looks like I'll hit my 10k sometime in late September. I had only planned on doing 55 reps per day in January to make up for the first week and a half of the month, before I had this idea. But now I don't feel like slowing down to 40 per day. In fact, it makes sense to me to bump it up to 60/day. 60 is divisible by 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, so I can break the day's reps down into smaller chunks if I want. I can do a mini session several times over the course of the day, or I can do each set while incorporating a different movement with the draw. When I get to lengthier movement chains toward the end of the year, I may drop the reps down a little, and raising them now will give me the headroom to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment