2009-02-10

Easy Day

Knife draw x 60, Grand Total: 1195

Since I did my pushups and situps yesterday, I didn't have anything but knife drawing to work on today. I did my first 30 nice and easy. I mostly concentrated on drawing without first clearing my T-shirt out of the way with my left hand. This requires the draw to travel further away from my body, which I don't like, but I'm not always going to have that left hand free. It's more likely that my left will be busy keeping me from getting knocked out or stabbed, so I should probably worry more about being able to draw from under the shirt than keeping the right hand close to my body throughout the draw. It's something that I've been thinking about lately, and when I saw Southnarc's P'Kal demo video on YouTube, it seemed like he was concentrating more on getting a good engagement with the wave than on keeping that arm in tight. It makes sense - keeping that arm in isn't going to do you much good if you can't get the knife open.

For the second 30 reps, I did a slow draw and finished each one with a knife jab. The mechanics of it felt pretty good.

Today I hassled Rikalonius and remad about getting their reps in. This makes me feel dirty, like a manager. On the plus side, Rikalonius promised me he'd do 40 reps tonight. I may have to resort to nightly nag mail for those guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment