2009-02-25

Motivation is a funny thing

Knife draw x 60, Grand Total: 1560
Pushups 3-2
Situps 3-2

Feeling very motivated today, for some reason. After failing to hit the bare minimum on the final set of pushups, I did another set of 30 pushups after I finished my situps (where I had no problem hitting my min - I got 45, the min was 38). Then after knife draws, I did another 30 situps as well.

For knife work, I did the plain old draw, with left hand on my chest, for the first 30. The next 10, I did draw and high line jab with my left hand still on my chest. For some of them, I added a side step. 41-50 had me doing a vertical elbow shield with my left, and a horizontal elbow shield for 51-60. When using the horizontal elbow shield, I'm not comfortable with jabbing on the high line. Mid line jabs feel better, with upward arcing thrusts (say, under the sternum to the heart) feeling the most comfortable here. After my reps, I did right hand 3 of 9 a few times, then with some tapping in the air. Also I did some sort of shadow boxing with the knife jabs. Closed it out with the aforementioned bonus set of situps.

P.S. - I did my reps yesterday, but it was late and I was too tired to blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment