2009-02-04

Lazy Ass

Knife draw x 55, Grand Total: 950
Pushups, day 1-2

For the knife work today, I decided to isolate the drawing motion. After watching the video I shot last night, I felt like the knife hand was moving too far away from my body. Not a lot, mind you, but now's the time to nip this in bud, not when I'm 9000 reps in. I tucked my shirt in so I wouldn't have to worry about clearing it with my left hand, and I stood next to the wall. This way, anytime my hand strayed too far, it hit the drywall. Which means that I stopped doing that pretty darn quick. I went really fast, just trying to groove the movement.

Pushups were, well, pushups. In case you haven't looked at the 100 pushups website, the program is mainly 5 sets of varying reps. Today's was 10-12-8-8-max. You're supposed to go to failure on the last set, but they have a minimum that you're supposed to hit. Today's was 12, and I hit 13. Not bad, but then I realized that I had beat Monday's minimum only by one pushup as well (min was 9, I got 10). I think I've hit on some sort of psychological laziness reflex. From now on, I'm going to tell myself that my min is actually 5 over the published min, in hopes I'll actually get it.

Is there anyone out there? Aside from a post from the Fly (and he's been on vacation), nobody else is posting anymore. I guess I'm not the only lazy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment