2009-02-03

Insert Witty Title Here

Knife draw x 65, Grand Total: 895
Situps, day 1-1

Today, after I did my 55 reps with the knife, I decided that I would break out the trusty Flip Video camera and shoot myself doing some drawing. I did 5 reps shot from profile, then 5 more shot from the front, so I could see the path my hand travels. I just gave them a quick watch to make sure that I was in-frame, and it didn't look too horrible. The first observation I had is that I am one tubby fat fuck. I don't know how those sausage fingers can manipulate the lock on the knife. The second observation is that my hand is initially pulling away from my body too much (which should be hard to do when your gut takes up as much space as mine). So now I'm going to work on keeping the draw close to my center.

I did all 65 today into pikal. Reps 15 - 55 included some sort of evasive movement, such as sidestepping, moving on the forward triangle, etc. My left arm did various things like vertical shield, horizontal shield, or passing an imaginary incoming knife.

All in all, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment