2012-01-09

New Year, New Goal

In the spirit of the original concept behind 10k reps, I made one of my New Year’s resolutions to try to come up with something measurable that I could try to hit the 10k mark with this year. I’ve been hot on my fitness goals for the last few months. I have made exercise a part of my daily life and have made permanent adjustments to the way I eat and the way that I think about food. With that in mind I started looking at my progress. My weights have steadily increased with my strength training and my cardio routines are progressing as well. I am seeing greater muscle definition in key areas and I am really happy with that. The one place, however, that I am not thrilled with is my gut. It’s getting smaller, but the dreaded love handles there still give me an odd shape. I know they are difficult (and in some cases genuinely impossible) to get rid of, but this gave me the idea that I want to do whatever I can to improve this area. That being said, I’ve decided to dedicate my 10k reps attempt in 2012 to ab exercises. Here’s today’s breakdown:

Standard Crunch: 25 reps
Standing Bar Twist: 20 reps
Decline Reverse Crunch: 12 reps
Side Oblique Crunch (legs elevated): 20 reps
Crunch on stability ball: 25

Total Ab Reps: 102
Reps to go: 9898

I’ve got some more observations about the gym this morning, but that will have to wait until later. Thanks for playing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment